Monday, October 18, 2010

DWTS Gratuitous Fashion Post

So this is the mid-week lull where I distract myself with fashion critiques and Glee commentary while I impatiently wait for the next competition night!  So here are the facebook pictures from week 4 of competition along with some of the thoughts I didn't have time to share on last Monday night.

I think my favorite costume of the night was...  well it definitely wasn't Bristol.  She looked like she was wearing black sequin granny-panties and her dad's work shirt.  I get that certain styles are appropriate for certain dances.  Each dance has a sort of "look" if you will, and it surely helps set the tone for all of us watching and for the dancers getting in character.  And I know that The Rumba means the gals get to wear some sheer flowing number that looks like my grandmothers curtains have been turned into a poncho.  No objection here.  And though I'm not a huge fan of what Brandy wore, it seems to fit the bill for Rumba costume pretty well - sequined granny panties and Grannies sheer drapes.  Not loving it, doing nothing for me...  but I get it.  Bristol's costume though...  I mean come on Mark - she's a young girl on a dance competition, not Tom Cruise a la Risky Business. 
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Not exactly the best shot of the awful costume but you get the idea. And as for Brandy's, like I mentioned, it's DWTS traditional Rumba-wear, but I'm not loving it. I've seen similar costumes on previous seasons that looked better and showed the movement of the dancer more easily. This was just long enough and just wrapped enough that it hid a lot of her hip action.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I wasn't crazy about Florence Henderson's dress either. The high-waist and belt were both terrible ideas. They made her look a little thick and shortened her torso. Also I'm not loving the orthopedic dance shoes she's wearing. Come on Flo, this is DWTS and you're a card-carrying woman! Suck it up and rock those high-heels girl!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I feel pretty neutral about The Situation & Karina's wardrobe choices, and I also wasn't raving over what Anna chose for Kurt & herself.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comImage Hosting by PictureTrail.com

So that leaves my favorites. I thought Rick & Cheryl looked stunning in their shared black & white. Unfortunately for Kurt I thought Rick pulled off his tux better and was more nicely complemented by the colors & style of his partner.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I often wonder what on earth Lacey is thinking with her wardrobe choices, but just as often she's found something fun, unique and very appealing. Last week she was wearing a skin tone top with black-lace applique floral trails snaking around her body, over her puffy pink tutu-ish skirt & down onto and around her stocking-clad leg. I thought it was an interesting and adorable effect.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Tony dressed Audrina in a sparkly red number with a sort of strange strappy transition between the bottom and top but I think overall it worked well.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

And Derek and Jennifer once again looked great. Her traditional short black lace dress was perfect for their Argentine Tango and the cut of the top showed off her shoulders beautifully.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

So there you go, just a few of my thoughts on last weeks show. I can't wait for tonight... come back in just over 12 more hours for my thoughts and opinions on Week 5 tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment