Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Bachelor for Season 15?

It looks like Brad Womack is coming back for another season on abc's The Bachelor. He was the season 11 Bachelor back in 2007 and shocked audiences by rejecting both DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft.  A lot of people were upset about that whole mess but I say good for him!  Don't lie about your feelings: if that spark isn't there, it isn't there.
I've been reading a lot of viewer commentary about how unfair it is that Womack is getting a second shot on The Bachelor. As far as that goes, I don't really think fairness is an issue here. Everyone deserves unlimited chances at finding love. How ever they choose to do it is no skin off my nose. As long as there is full disclosure with the women who come on the show so they know it's Womack they're getting, I think it's just fine - whatever. Do I think it's the best choice? Eh... I didn't watch Womack's original season so I couldn't really tell you if I'm personally happy to see him back or not. He seems handsome enough... but they're all kind of from that same mold. I think I would have preferred that they try to find a new random love-hungry bachelor to be 'The Bachelor', but the show seems to think recycling people from one season to the next is a successful formula so who am I to argue?  Certainly not a television producer with oodles of ratings statistics at my fingertips.  And let's face it - whoever they pick, I'll watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment